After months of turmoil and speculation, the United States completed a peaceful transition of power at the highest level, welcoming our 46th President, Joseph R. Biden Jr., and 49th Vice President Kamala Harris.
Here are a few key actions from the first 2 days of the new administration:
- Rejoining the World Health Organization
- Reversing the last administration’s travel ban and immigration policies
- Rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement
- A federal mask mandate
These are just a few of the significant actions that President Biden has taken since being sworn in on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. The country is moving in a decisive direction that includes leading with a focus on equity, sustainability, and compassion.
Leave Me Alone
- A majority of consumers made “time to myself” a top 3 priority in the year 2020.
- People are spending more time in close quarters and in the same place due to the pandemic and are looking for ways to prioritize their personal mental and physical wellness.
Can You Hear Me Now
- Nearly 5.5 million US adults use voice assistants to regularly make purchases. – Dialogtech
- Bracketing – Buying multiple versions of an item with the intent of returning the best option after trying them.
- eCommerce sales are expected to make up 15% of all retail sales in 2021, up from 14.4% in 2020 and 11% in 2019.
- U.S. 3PL e-commerce revenues reached $43.4 billion in 2019 and expect a 28% CAGR through 2020, according to a new report. – MH&L
- Find a 3PL that is thinking ahead, has consumer expectations in mind, and resources to help you scale. – Shipbob
Social Media Penetration
- Snapchat users are declining as TikTok’s popularity continues to rise and Instagram sees steady dominance.