When you are starting a new influencer marketing campaign, it is critically important that your goals are clear and well defined.
Specifics can include:
- Creating awareness
- Driving traffic to your site
- Growing social media channels
- Improving content quality on site
- Developing new brand ambassadors
- Promoting a product or an event
Remember, you are creating a professional relationship with someone that has spent considerable time developing their following and may be interested in promoting your products, goods or services. But at the onset, they will need considerable direction on what you are expecting from your investment in his or her platform.
Who Is Your Ideal Influencer?
When evaluating an influencer, you must take a hard look at two factors:
- Their engagement
- Their reach
Is your prospective influencer someone who can easily share your content without distracting their fans? Be careful not to end up with just brand promotors rather than influencers, as they’ll be limited in terms of brand impact.
Large followings do not guarantee impressive levels of engagement. In fact, specialized individuals with a select, niche following often drive better engagement from their fans. A loyal following may drive very impressive metrics.
- Quality Content: Resonates, can get great sharing and prompts conversations.
- Engagement with their Audience: Great questions, great dialogue, and fast responses are all key factors.
- Multiple platforms are very important: Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Snapchat, etc.
- Social data – likes, shares, comments
- Site metrics – traffic, bounce rates, audience insights, geography
Influencer Generated Content Can Be Truly Valuable
- Original blogs
Monitor what is being posted
reat platforms will help you keep track of what is being said about your brand by these influencers:
Summary & Scale
In the end, all of these assets can be owned by you and can be truly valuable in spreading the word with little additional investment or work on your part. Consumers like to follow what a familiar face may buy or consider purchasing rather than the hard sell.
The great news is that all of these relationships offer considerable scale. When building out these programs, it’s important to note:
- Target audience
- Your marketing calendar
- Your promotional plans
- Goals & KPI’s for each influencer
A well thought through influencer marketing campaign can deliver impressive results in this media channel.