Planning, paying attention to details, and free flowing communication are all extremely important for individuals running a marketing campaign, but it is even more crucial when your marketing services are outsourced to an agency.
Influencer outreach campaigns are an excellent way to raise a brand’s awareness for your target audience and gain creditability. While the concept is simple, the campaign itself is a bit more complex because the agency needs to keep the brand happy and as well as the influencers they represent.
From a company’s standpoint here are a few crucial things to bear in mind when embarking on an influencer outreach campaign:
- Expectations — What is the brand’s expectations on the campaign? What type of influencers do they see reviewing their product? What is the expected following for each influencer to have?
- Cost — Breaking down the cost of the entire campaign is a good way to ensure there are no surprises on each end:
— Payout for influencers
— How much the product costs
— Agency fees
— Prizes and giveaways
- People sometimes won’t like your product — This is OK because we ask our influencers not to post if they don’t like something.
- Price point of product — Are you giving these influencers a product to review that is expensive? Take that into account when you are giving the agency a number for influencers to recruit.
- Don’t piss off the influencers — So now that your brand has been introduced to a lot of influencers don’t piss then off. Sounds easy, right? Because who wants a herd of angry influencers running amuck on social media about how your brand screwed them over? If you have made a commitment, stick with it. Follow through is the bottom line. Remember they have been chosen based on their influence on their followers and the last thing you want is a bunch of negative reviews.