Lorna Jane is an Australian women’s activewear brand that has gained popularity for its ability to balance performance and style.
Despite their success, they were uncertain of their digital marketing goals. When they came to Hawke, they had never run a full-scale Facebook acquisition campaign, their existing AdWords campaigns weren’t properly optimized and they were adamant about sticking to an influencer budget of exactly $0.
- Switched FB ad bidding from audience to campaign level to automatically optimize budget
- Used better-performing split-test variants for more targeted campaigns
- Activated prospecting Dynamic Product Ads
- Turned on Instagram story ads
- Launched comprehensive, intricate retargeting campaign
- Reallocated SEM budget toward high-performing campaigns
- Optimized keyword bidding
- Updated ad copy to align with best practices
- Launched display campaigns, which became best performers within SEM
- Highly targeted influencer outreach
- Utilized user-generated influencer content in Facebook ads
After testing new acquisition audiences on Facebook and Instagram, we ran split tests on messaging and product variants, using the better performing options to test other lookalikes and target interest-based audiences. While we initially set bids at an audience level, we adjusted our bids to the campaign level to automatically allocate our budget to top performers. We also turned on prospecting Dynamic Product Ads (DPAs), which serve relevant ads to users who have expressed interest in a certain type of product. To complement our acquisition campaigns, we launched several retargeting strategies to recapture recent site visitors, past purchasers, and Instagram users who engaged with the brand.
Our PPC experts cleaned up Lorna Jane’s existing campaigns by reallocating budgets toward best performers, updating keyword bidding and bid timing, and adjusting ad copy to to increase quality score. To make sure we were reaching users who were already familiar with the brand, we also added retargeting lists and launched display campaigns, which were highly successful in bringing users back to the website to convert.
Additionally, our influencer team developed Lorna Jane’s US social accounts without spending a dime. Through targeted outreach, we were able to engage dozens of top-tier activewear and fitness influencers to drive brand awareness and engagement while also developing content. This content was then utilized by our media buying team to target similar audiences to increase brand credibility and sales. Within 4 months, our influencers had helped grow IG followers by 42%, while generating thousands of total likes and boosting total reach.
- Facebook ROI
- Adwords ROI
- IG Followers