The holidays are nearly upon us. The weather’s cooling down, the sun is setting earlier, and decorations are going up as far as the eye can see.
In a year marked by tumult and uncertainty, there’s something to be said for persevering through it all and continuing to move forward.
While we settle in to watch football and run an extensive cost/benefit analysis on wearing stretchy pants to the table for a safe family dinner (in whatever form that takes this year), let’s take time to reflect on what we’re thankful for.
And for those in need, here are a few resources to lighten your burden, share with someone who could use a helping hand, or lend one yourself:
Consider volunteering with or donating to Feeding America to help food insecure families over the holidays. They currently operate 200 food banks and 60,000 food pantries and meal programs, having provided over 4 billion meals.
SAMHSA’s National Helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357), (also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service) or TTY: 1-800-487-4889 is a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders. This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations. Callers can also order free publications and other information.
Also, visit the online treatment locators.
- Seek out local resources for the unhoused to offer your support.
- Figure out a way to get involved in your local charitable organizations or find some small way to make a difference in someone else’s day.
- Reach out to friends and family who might be struggling during this time or offer your neighbor an act of kindness.
This time of year is about community and togetherness. Qualities we hold closely at Hawke Media.
- AR is set to explode in the future and become work nearly $2 billion, a trend that is beginning to take shape today.
AR on Snapchat
- Over 170 million people use AR on Snapchat every day for an average of 3 minutes per person
- Users engage with AR nearly 30 times a day
- The “stories” format in its many iterations across platforms from Instagram to the unlikely newcomer, LinkedIn, are now generating 1.7 billion daily active users.
- The short-form video format is becoming increasingly popular as users soak up digestible content.
Spotlight: Fashion & Apparel
- According to a recent survey by Trustpilot, the recession looming over the global pandemic is shaping fashion spending habits. Just under three-quarters of consumers (72%) are spending less or the same as they did before.
Holidays or Bust
- “Leverage customer and behavioral data to increase targeting and personalization to stand out from the vast increase of messages during the holidays.” – Kris Fulton, Listrak
- Look to this compilation of expert insights from Listrak to help flesh out your holiday marketing strategy.
- Integrate SMS into your holiday campaigns. Leverage great examples like Ballsy’s of reaching subscribers with natural language and high-value content.